My very first tutorial, I hope it's alright. I don't know if I will be making anymore for awhile. But do enjoy!
Made in PSP XI
Translatable (cuz no effing selective colors)
1. First, grab an image from anywhere you want. In my case, I got it from EvannaLynchOnline.com
. Then you crop it to 100x100.
2. Duplicate your base layer, drag it to the top and set it to screen 20% opacity. Duplicate your base layer again, drag it to the top and set it to softlight 30% opacity.
3. Create another layer. Flood fill with #d8f6fc
. Set to Burn.
4. Go to Layers > New Adjustment Layer > Hue/Saturation/Lightness. Change the following saturations.
5. Duplicate the adjusted layer and set it to Overlay 20% Opacity.
6. Go to Layers > New Adjustment Layer > Color Balance and do the following settings.
15, -10, 35
-20, 0, -10
-20, -5, 15
Preserve luminance checked. Set this layer to 70% Opacity.
7. Go to Layers > New Adjustment Layer > Brightness/Contrast and do the following.
Set this to Hue (Legacy)
8. Go to Layers > New Adjustment Layer > Curves and do the following.
Set this layer to Color 50% Opacity.
9. Duplicate base layer, drag it to the top and set it to Screen 36% Opacity.
10. Duplicate base layer again, drag it to the top and set it to Softlight this time, at 55% Opacity. Go to Layers > Merge > Merge All (Flatten) then you are all done!
11. Add brushes, textures, texts, anything you like! Here's what I added, although it's not that great.
Other icons made with the same affects.
Leave comments and show me how you guys did! Thanks.